Earn a world-class Johns Hopkins education online.
Johns Hopkins’ Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) offer flexible online and on-campus options with the advantage of the world-class instruction and high-level interaction that are the foundation of Johns Hopkins’ tradition of excellence. AAP’s goal is to offer new, innovative academic programs that meet the needs of today’s working professional.
The Part-Time Advantage for Working Professionals:
- Flexibility - Students don’t commute to a physical classroom with AAP’s online programs. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with faculty and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in at their convenience.
- Excellent Faculty - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished faculty, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand the faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent faculty from all over the world.
- High Levels of Interaction - Online students communicate with their faculty and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. The online environment allows students to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their faculty and assignments.
More than 40 innovative programs are available in a wide-range of specialties. Choose yours.
Arts, Research and Writing
- Master of Arts in Science Writing
- Master of Arts in Teaching Writing
- Master of Arts in Writing
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Master of Science in Research Administration
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in International Research Administration Management
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Science Writing
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Teaching Writing
- Master of Science in Individualized Genomics and Health
- Master of Science in Bioinformatics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Biotechnology Education
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Master of Science in Energy Policy and Climate
- Master of Science in Environmental Sciences and Policy
Geographic Information Systems
- Master of Arts in Global Security Studies
- Master of Arts in Government
- Master of Arts in Non-governmental Organization Management
- Master of Arts in Public Management
- Master of Science in Data Analytics and Policy
- Master of Science in Geospatial Intelligence
- Master of Science in Intelligence Analysis
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Government Analytics
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Intelligence
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management
Media and Communications
- Master of Arts in Cultural Heritage Management
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Digital Curation
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.