MS in Intelligence Analysis
Obtain a Credential that Helps You Advance in the Intelligence Field
As the U.S. navigates a challenging international landscape, intelligence agencies and the private sector seek educated analysts to lead initiatives related to national and corporate security. Now, you can prepare for critical roles in the public and private sectors by pursuing the MS in Intelligence Analysis program. With this degree from Johns Hopkins University’s Advanced Academic Program division, you can open doors to new opportunities in a growing career field.
Join our online master’s program to gain practical experience in analyzing intelligence. You will learn how to apply analytical thinking, persuasive communication, and other skills to interpret diverse data sets for intelligence organizations. This program also provides the opportunity to:
- Graduate with qualifications required for key roles within intelligence agencies as well as those in the public and private sectors.
- Explore practical concepts taught by leading theorists and practitioners from the intelligence community.
- Establish a theoretical grounding in the discipline and master the core skills needed to succeed in the field.
- Develop or hone your intelligence analysis skills to stand out as you seek a leadership position.
Study entirely online to earn a respected master’s degree in intelligence analysis.
With the MS in Intelligence Analysis program, you will learn career-relevant concepts presented by intelligence experts and practitioners. The program consists of 12 online courses that you can complete in two years.
- The Art and Practice of Intelligence
- Intelligence: From Secrets to Policy
- Intelligence Communications
- Applied Critical Thinking and Analytic Techniques
- Strategic Culture Analysis
- Legal Issues in Intelligence
- Intelligence Ethics
- Leading Intelligence Organizations
- Research Seminar
- Capstone: Special Issues in Intelligence
- Counterintelligence and National Security: 21st Century Challenges
- Covert Action and National Security
- Cyber Policy, Strategy, Conflict, and Deterrence
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Intelligence and Counterterrorism
- Privacy in a Data-Driven Society
Earning a certificate is a great opportunity to learn from a prestigious university and advance in your career.
This online program provides a deep understanding of the ways that the United States practices intelligence. Explore challenges that limit intelligence organizations in the U.S., such as practical, legal, ethical, and theoretical factors, along with important debates around this issue. By pursuing this certificate, you will take part in an education that is shaped by scholars and practitioners with many years of experience in the field.
Requirements: 5 courses
Duration: 9-12 months
Course Delivery: Online
A bachelor’s degree is required for this certificate.
Not quite what you are looking for? Explore our other government programs.
State-Specific Information for Online Programs
Be sure to review our additional state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.