Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Success in Leadership Begins with Johns Hopkins
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed as a dynamic leader with the MS in Organizational Leadership degree from Johns Hopkins University’s Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) division. You will learn practical, broadly transferable leadership skills to inspire people and move organizations forward.
This career-advancing program empowers you to solve practical problems, communicate successfully, and practice ethically as an organizational leader. You will also develop an interdisciplinary understanding of leadership to succeed in positions involving strategy, execution, and creativity.
By earning your master’s degree in organizational leadership with AAP, you can:
- Develop an interdisciplinary foundation and core skills for leadership roles in a range of organizations.
- Acquire a credential and qualifications to lead private and nonprofit organizations across all industries.
- Access a flexible, part-time learning experience that empowers you to thrive as a student and a professional.
- Gain critical thinking,analytical thinking, problem-solving, and practical skills. You will also explore ethical principles to succeed as a leader.
Engage in online courses with the flexibility to study anytime, anywhere.
This flexible program, designed for working professionals, takes place entirely online.
Develop leadership competencies through required courses in:
- Ethics, Integrity, and the Responsibility of Leaders
- Leading and Managing Change
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Team Building: Individual and Group Dynamics
- Project Management: Leading Projects to Successful Outcomes
- Organizational Development and Innovation
- Strategic Planning for Leaders
- Crisis Mitigation
- Capstone: Current Issues in Leadership
You will also select one of the following electives:
- Managerial Economics
- Portfolio Management
- Institutional Fundraising: Raising Maximum Dollars from Government Agencies, Corporations, and Foundations
- Leadership: A Developmental Process
Career Path Options
Earn this degree to prepare for a rewarding career in organizational leadership. Opportunities include the roles in the following list, which provides 2019 annual median wages from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Administrative Services Manager ($96,940)
- Medical and Health Services Manager ($100,980)
- Training and Development Manager ($113,350)
- Public Relations and Fundraising Manager ($116,180)
- Human Resources Manager ($116,720)
- Sales Manager ($126,640)
- Advertising and Marketing Manager ($135,900)
Whatever your industry and career goals, this degree instills skills that you need to be an effective leader.
State-Specific Information for Online Programs
Be sure to review our additional state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.