Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management
Accelerate Your Career with Advanced Credentials in Nonprofit Management
Build skills for leadership roles in nonprofits and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with graduate credentials from Johns Hopkins University’s Advanced Academic Programs division. This master’s program is international in scope and domestic in practice, focusing on varied political environments, cross-cultural partnership opportunities, and diverse leadership styles.
The inclusive-perspective coursework means you gain relevant competencies needed to manage global projects from concept to implementation. Or pursue a graduate certificate in nonprofit management to sharpen your analytical and leadership skills.
These graduate programs offer the flexibility of AAP’s part-time format with online instruction that fits around your professional responsibilities. You will experience engaging coursework led by instructors with real-world expertise. As a result, you can build relevant skills to become a leader in nonprofits and non-governmental organizations.
By earning an advanced degree with AAP, you can:
- Emerge with the skills needed to lead, manage, and found a nonprofit or non-governmental organization anywhere in the world.
- Study nonprofit management through a global lens to gain exposure to varied political environments, cross-cultural partnership opportunities, and diverse leadership styles.
- Gain a competitive edge in your career through an exploration of social enterprise and international mission-based organizations. You will also study project management, evaluation, and leadership.
- Graduate with a practical and theoretical understanding of nonprofit and non-governmental institutions, their leadership, and operations.
The MA in Nonprofit Management degree consists of 10 courses and can be completed in as little as one year.
Build Multidisciplinary Skills Needed for Your Career
This flexible program consists of 10 online courses and includes opportunities to engage in specialized coursework in the following areas:
Prepare to work with multilateral organizations and NGOs in international development and humanitarian affairs. Course options include:
- NGOs in Development and Global Policymaking
- Economic Growth: The Politics of Development in Asia, Africa, and Beyond
- International/Non-Governmental Organizations and Civil Society in Conflict Zones
Pursue your goals for working in nonprofit organizations in positions of leadership, monitoring, evaluation, programming, project management, development, human resources, or on a board of directors. Course options include:
- Leadership Skills of the 21st Century
- Nonprofit Program Development and Evaluation
- Project Management for NGOs
This focus area draws on your passion for business, entrepreneurship, or nonprofit work. Develop competencies to succeed in the public or private sector. You will select one course to advance your career in a range of capacities.
Online Certificate Program
Earn a graduate-level credential and become a better leader.
Enhance your analytical skills and gain a global perspective to grow as a leader in the nonprofit space in as little as nine to 12 months. You may earn this certificate on its own or in addition to other AAP graduate degrees, such as the master’s degrees in museum studies, cultural heritage, public management, or communication.
Requirements: 6 courses
Duration: 9-12 months
Course Delivery: Online
A bachelor’s degree is required for this certificate.
Not quite what you are looking for? Explore our other government programs.