Earn a world-class Johns Hopkins education online.
OPEN HOUSE! Visit the JHU AAP DC Center on October 27, 2018 - Prospective students who attend the event, and then submit an application to an AAP program, will be provided an application fee waiver.
Johns Hopkins’ Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) offer flexible online options with the advantage of the world-class instruction and high-level interaction that are the foundation of Johns Hopkins’ tradition of excellence. AAP’s goal is to offer new, innovative academic programs online that meet the needs of today’s working professional.
The Online Advantage for Working Professionals:
- Flexibility - Students don’t commute to a physical classroom with AAP’s online programs. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with faculty and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in at their convenience.
- Excellent Faculty - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished faculty, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand the faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent faculty from all over the world.
- High Levels of Interaction - Online students communicate with their faculty and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. The online environment allows students to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their faculty and assignments.
More than 30 innovative programs are available in a wide-range of specialties. Choose yours.
Arts, Communication, Research and Writing
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in Science Writing
- Master of Arts in Teaching Writing
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Master of Science in Research Administration
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Applied Research for Communication
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in International Research Administration Management
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Science Writing
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Teaching Writing
- Master of Science in Individualized Genomics and Health
- Master of Science in Bioinformatics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Biotechnology Education
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
Geographic Information Systems
- Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- Master of Arts in Global Security Studies
- Master of Arts in Government
- Master of Arts in Public Management
- Master of Science in Geospatial Intelligence
- Master of Science in Government Analytics
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Government Analytics
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Intelligence
- Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Applied Research in Communication students currently cannot conduct internships in Kentucky. For more information, please contact an admissions representative. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.state-specific information for online programs.