Master of Science in Research Administration
Engage in Leading-Edge Research Instruction in a Part-Time Format
Transform your career with a master’s degree from the nation’s first research institution, Johns Hopkins University. The university’s Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) division allows you to earn a research administration degree in a flexible part-time format. Best of all, you will experience the renowned instruction and high-level interaction that are the foundation of the Johns Hopkins tradition of excellence.
Join the MS in Research Administration program to examine how research is conducted and led in the United States and abroad. The coursework prepares you for roles in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors to help you begin or further your career in research administration. Instructors with real-world experience help you learn to manage sponsored research programs, resolve finance and information technology issues, and maintain compliance with legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks.
Pursue your MS in Research Administration degree with Johns Hopkins to:
- Take part in progressive research instruction in a part-time format that fits around your professional obligations.
- Engage in cross-functional coursework to prepare for roles with universities, government agencies, and independent foundations.
- Learn from experienced faculty and internationally renowned researchers.
What’s more, you will benefit from a curriculum that meets industry needs by aligning with the learning outcomes of leading associations, including:
- National Council for University Research Administration (NCURA)
- Society for Research Administration (SRA)
- National Grants Management Association (NGMA)
- Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC)
Engage in empowering online coursework to study on your schedule.
Prepare for a career in managing internationally sponsored research. This certificate program includes five courses that focus on the application of international research and contracting. It’s available as a stand-alone option and as an additional credential for students who have earned the MS in Research Administration degree.
State-Specific Information for Online Programs
Be sure to review our additional state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.