Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation
Promote Access to Safe, Healthy Food
Become qualified to promote safety at every level of the food supply chain with the online Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation program from the Johns Hopkins University Advanced Academic Programs division. Through this online degree program, you will examine the roles of food production and harvesting, pest control, storage and transport, food processing, production, advertising, and handling. By pursuing this career-focused degree, you can:
- Learn from expert faculty in the food and agriculture regulation industry.
- Position yourself as an expert in crucial public-health enterprises.
- Study in a flexible, 100%-online format designed for working professionals.
- Prepare for administrative, scientific, or leadership positions in the food safety regulation field.
Earning this degree from Johns Hopkins University enables you to pursue food safety positions, such as a regulatory specialist, manager, director, or consultant. You might also work as a plant or facility manager, science adviser, or food science research specialist. Graduates may also seek advancement within the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency, or a state or local department of health.
- Duration 20 – 36
- Total Credits 40
- Course Delivery Online
- Ranking Top 10
Your Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation degree will prepare you to lead within a critical industry that impacts each of us. A career path for qualified graduates is food safety director, a role with average annual earnings of $94,145.1
Complete 10 online courses to build a comprehensive knowledge set in food safety regulation. Throughout the program, you will learn from food safety experts, public health leaders, and policymakers.
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Food Labeling and Packaging Regulations
- Food Microbiology
- Food Safety Audits and Surveillance
- Food Toxicology
- Regulation of Good Food Production Practices
- Risk Assessment and Management
You will select three elective courses, here are some examples from the nearly 100 eligible courses:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Food And Drug Law
- International Food Regulations
- International Regulatory Affairs
- Introduction to Regulatory Affairs
- USDA Regulation of Food Safety, Wholesomeness, and Labeling
Not quite what you are looking for? Explore our other programs in biotechnology and regulatory science.
- “Food Safety Director Salary.” PayScale. Retrieved 10 October 2023. https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Food_Safety_Director/Salary.