Post-Baccalaureate Health Science Intensive
Prepare to Succeed During Medical School Admissions
Build your experience and enhance your qualifications as you work toward the medical school admissions process with the Post-Baccalaureate Health Science Intensive program. Offered by Johns Hopkins University’s Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) division, you will take part in intensive interpersonal training and advising to become a more competitive medical school candidate.
Join us to acquire relevant science, problem-solving, and leadership skills that modern physicians need. You will also build AAMC core competencies that medical students must possess.
With this program, you can:
- Thoroughly understand the medical school application process and develop an individual strategy for successful application.
- Develop the confidence, self-knowledge and evidence-based communications skills needed for success in medical school interviews.
- Understand the issues currently affecting the medical profession, be able to evaluate how they will impact future medical practice, and develop creative solutions to solve them.
- Earn a valuable MS in Biotechnology degree simultaneously in just one year.
- Graduate ready to maximize your chances of success in medical school admissions with one-on-one MCAT preparation and advising curriculum.
Engage in empowering coursework at our Baltimore campus.
This intensive 40-credit program must be completed in 12 months. The coursework bolsters relevant science skills and instills the problem-solving, leadership, and AAMC core competencies needed by modern physicians.
(Four credits each)
- Molecular Biology
- Advanced Cell Biology I
- Problem-solving for Innovation in Health Care
- Building and Leading Teams in Health Care
- The Psychosocial Determinants of Health, Implications on Diagnostics
Select four elective courses from a list that includes the following, as well as other advanced science courses relevant to the medical field. Each course is four credits.
- Advanced Cell Biology II
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Principles of Immunology
- Infectious Diseases
- Biology of HIV & AIDS
- Cancer Biology
Graduate ready to succeed in medical school admissions with one-on-one MCAT preparation and advising curriculum. You will also develop knowledge, professionalism, cultural competence, and interpersonal skills that will foster your success throughout your medical career.
State-Specific Information for Online Programs
Be sure to review our additional state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.