Earn a world-class Johns Hopkins education online.
Johns Hopkins’ Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) offer flexible online options with the advantage of the world-class instruction and high-level interaction that are the foundation of Johns Hopkins’ tradition of excellence. AAP’s goal is to offer new, innovative academic programs online that meet the needs of today’s working professional.
The Online Advantage for Working Professionals:
- Flexibility - Students don’t commute to a physical classroom with AAP’s online programs. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with faculty and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in at their convenience.
- Excellent Faculty - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished faculty, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand the faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent faculty from all over the world.
- High Levels of Interaction - Online students communicate with their faculty and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. The online environment allows students to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their faculty and assignments.
More than 25 innovative programs are available in a wide-range of specialties. Choose yours.
- MS in Applied Economics
- Certificate in Applied Research for Communication
- MS in Bioinformatics
- MS in Biotechnology
- Certificate in Biotechnology Education
- MS in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- MA in Communication
- Certificate in Digital Curation
- MS in Energy Policy and Climate
- MS in Environmental Sciences and Policy
- MS in Food Safety Regulation
- Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- MA in Government
- MS in Geographic Information Systems
- MS in Government Analytics
- Certificate in Government Analytics
- Certificate in Intelligence
- Master of Liberal Arts
- MA in Museum Studies
- Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- MA in Public Management
- MS in Regulatory Science
- MS in Research Administration
- MA in Science Writing
- Certificate in Science Writing
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods
*Master of Arts in Communication, Master of Arts in Museum Studies, Certificate in Applied Research for Communication and Certificate in Digital Curation Programs: Students currently cannot conduct internships in North Carolina. For more information, please contact an admissions representative. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.